Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bomb Iran????

On a Sunday afternoon in October 2001 I was watching the Roslindale Day Parade with my family. The last "float" of the parade was an anti war float protesting the bombing of Afganistan which had begun a week earlier. One of the people on the float was holding a sign that said "two wrongs don't make a right". I could not have been more angry. The only thing that kept my temper down was having my kids around me.

6 years later and those people were right about one thing; "two wrongs don't make a right". They were wrong about Afganistan, but they were right about Iraq. One mistake down, and we are on the cusp of making another one.

A year ago when the rhetoric on Iran was on the rise, all the discussion on nuclear weapons talked about Iran's program being about 5-10 years away from development. Why the urgency? Can't we make one mistake at a time?

Before we bomb another country back to the stoneage, this is part of what we will be destroying. Looks like a nice vacation spot!



The adminstration has told us they are providing bombs ti Iraqi's that are being used against us. We've also learned that Israel bombed a Syrian site suspected of having muclear materials on the way to Iran. Next thin we will hear is that there are chemical weapons mobile labs driving around the country. Already it seems like the public is slowly warming to the idea of bombing Iran. Not me. I won't get fooled again.

1 comment:

www.ayewonder.com said...

There were some nice Iranian hotties in that video.

Vote Ron Paul. ;-)