Sunday, September 14, 2008

In It to Win It

I've recently taken a new outlook on this race. It is not enough to complain about how bad McCain is or how extremely dimwitted Sarah Palin is. I have to do my part.

Every day between now and the election I am going to do something (no matter how small) to be heard. Over the past few days I have:

  • Called Fox News Radio to dispute some of the BS they were spouting.
  • Used MoveOn.org's letter to the editor tool to write 12 letters from my other homes in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virgina.
  • Sent an email to President Clinton's Director of Scheduling suggesting that he make an appearance on the Howard Stern show supporting Obama.
Ok, I know that last one is a long shot but he has 2 million listeners and heavy listenership in Ohio and Pennsylvania, it is worth a shot, even a long shot.

The only thing that separated us from a President Bush and a President Gore was less than 400 votes. Maybe all of my collective actions over the next 7 weeks are only worth a few votes, but I am in it for my kids future so I am not sitting on the sidelines.

Tomorrow I think I am going to call Fox again.