Saturday, December 1, 2007

Reflections on 40

This week I celebrated my 40th birthday which is more than I can say for anna nicole Smith who was born on the same day. While turning 40 was a little more painful than I thought it would be, it beats the alternative (right Nicole?).

Wednesday was a workday , like most days it had it's share of challenges, although tearing down my baby pictures off the walls around the building is not one of my usual challenges. I was reminded by my afternoon surprise fruit salad how fortunate I am to work with so many people I enjoy working with. That certainly wasn't always the case.

Upon leaving I was treated to a nice meal with members of my family. It was a nice night to count my blessing and I am certainly lucky to have many. I have a great wife and terrific kids, a great and healthy family, a good job with people I enjoy working with and better health than when I was 30. There are always greener pastures to chase, but I am certainly aware of how fortunate I am.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: