Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mixed Bag

It's been a few days since I've posted last. I am trying not to excessively comment on Sarah Palin, but the moratorium has been lifted for today's mixed bag.

When McCain selected his running mate, I commented that there only strategy left was to trash and smear. As is evidenced by the past couple of days, they are right on schedule. With the experience card no longer playable, it all becomes a freak show. From yesterday's accusation that Obama wanted to teach kindergartners sex ed to today's mock outrage over an analogy McCain has used himself, this has moved beyond silly season and is now cheapening the office of the President. The campaign McCain is running is what I would expect from a two bit congressman from Tennessee.

Can this strategy really work?

*****************************************************************
Why is it John McCain is bein treated still with kid gloves? I know he was a POW but his story pales in comparison to Admiral Stockdale whose VP candidacy (who am I) was mocked and ridiculed.

*****************************************************************
Obama was on with O'reilly and Olberman and while I prefer Olberman to O'reilly, O'reilly's interview was much better. Obama didn't back down and stood up to the big mouth bully. In the end, even O'reilly had to admit he had new found respect for him.

*****************************************************************
Speaking of Fox, tonight on the way home I was listening to FoxNews radio host Josh Gibson. What a zero. He interviewed Fred "Sleepy" Thompson. What was remarkable was that Fred actually played into the Obama muslim smears. I was surprised to hear it but I'm sure it was because he felt safe among right wing nut jobs who were sure to be listening.

Despite the fact it was drive time, I called up to protest some of the BS that was being spewed and got through and was put on as the next call. I would like to say I got my point across and won the crowd, but the hosts just yelled over me and disconnected after 15 seconds.

I think I am going to make some more calls to concervative shows, if nothing else but for the purpose of getting their mock anger worked up.

*****************************************************************
Ok, I've made it this far without commenting on Palin. The thing you have to remember is that the media loves to build people up so they can destroy them. This destruction needs to come fast and furious. There is enough material there, it just needs to be brought out by the networks.
I don't expect much from Charlie Gibson, Charlie is more suited for Good Morning America interviewing Paris Hilton than a VP candidate.

*****************************************************************
All the talk about earmarks is an absolute waste of time. In the scheme of things, there are $18 billion in earmarks per year out of a $3 trillion budget. Getting rid of earmarks altogether would drop the budget 0.6%. Don't get me wrong, there is fat worth cutting, but we are hunting ants here not elephants. Much bigger issues deserve discussion (like the national debt, social security reform, immigration reform, etc)

Ooops, did I just call Palin an elephant?

*****************************************************************
Speaking of elephants, it's good to see Jane Swift found work.

*****************************************************************
Speaking of useless Republican Massachusetts ex governors, has anyone seen Mitt Romney since the convention? How about Tim Pawlenty?

*****************************************************************
What is McCain going to do the next few days without Sarah campaigning with him? Is he back to working Knights of Columbus crowds?

*****************************************************************



No comments: