Monday, September 29, 2008

Collapse of a Bill

Today's bailout bill defeat was a sign of the problems in Washington. A few things stood out above all:

While I don't have the exact numbers, but I read an account today that said that overall Democrats vote 60%-40% for the bill, however those Democrats in close elections only supported it 30% of the time. Republicans voted against the measure 67-33% but only even less supported it (15%) if they were involved in close reelections. Of the 26 congressmen that didn't have elections coming up, 25 of them voted for the bill. What does that say about our Congress? It says they are sheep.

Additionally, some Republicans including John Boehner blamed Nancy Pelosi's speech on flipping some Republicans against the bill. Hold aside the stupidity of that remark aside for a minute. I am not a big Nancy Pelosi fan, but I read the speech and didn't think it was that controversial. When I got a chance to watch the video, I could see even less wrong with it. If you haven't seen it, judge for yourself below.

WHY IS IT TO MUCH TO EXPECT THAT THESE MORONS VOTE FOR WHAT IS RIGHT, NOT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOURSELF.


No comments: