Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a Matter of Perspective

Recently during a bunch of political discussions with some of my right wing buddies I am constantly reminded that we all view different actions from a different lens.


From my perspective when Sarah Palin makes the argument that big brother is coming to get you she is crazy.

From my perspective those Democrats that questioned warrant less wiretapping because the government was going to spy on your calls were justified.

From my perspective when Bush chose not to release torture photos he was hiding something.

From my perspective when Obama chose not to release torture photos he was exercising reasoned judgment.

From my perspective when Democrats blocked Manuel Estrada from judicial nomination during Bush's administration they were objecting to someone based on principled stands.

From my perspective when Republicans blocked Sotomayor's initial judicial nomination during Clinton's administration they were trying to obstruct a potential Supreme Court candidate from getting experience.
I could go on and on on this topic but I think I made my point. I am totally guilty on the charge of only seeing things through a Democratic lens. But I'm going to try......until Sarah Palin says something else stupid.

No comments: