Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Obama's Gay Problem

Let me preface my criticism by saying I have agreed with 95% of what Obama has done as President, even some of the things that have upset liberal groups like not releasing photos was a good decision. What I can't defend is his delaying addressing some concerns of the gay community. I do not think Federal involvement in marriage is right at this time, but allowing gays to serve in the military should have been a priority. There is no reason why this should be delayed. When a group of people are being discriminated against, waiting another day is an insult. I would have hoped that Obama could have related with that and dealt with it quickly.

Obama has shown that he has the politcal capital to do multiple things at once. He should use that capital on this topic quickly.

No comments: